The concept of giving oneself to a cause: Batman Begins, Braveheart, The Matrix Trilogy, The Last Samurai, Syriana, V for Vendetta, Watchmen: that brought a tear to my eye (yes, literally) were of a nature generally left to the realm of philosophers and poets. In this, there is an inherent knowledge of one's worth, one's drive is towards a climax, one's death, an ending. Of course, there have been tomes written on subject, whether it's alchemical, psychological, artistic, or theological in nature.
However, one may inquire about the value of life after one has fulfilled their longing to have become. Take, for example, Logan's Run, where a master of one world escapes, only to discover he is nothing but a babe anew in the wilds of the outside world. Or, historically, Lawrence of Arabia. He was decorated, and upon his return to England, plunged into a depth of depression and loss of self-worth. What was he now, if not a soldier? Jeremy mentioned a good quote to me the other night, originally by Plato, that "only the dead have seen the end of war." For more on this, please read The Outsider, by Colin Wilson.
- As an entity, a human requires a story.
- The story follows the arch put forth by Jung and Campbell in their study of psyche and myth. No story, and the human is asleep to possibility. They are akin to the NPCs of a video game.
- Chaos governs Campbell's "Underworld." The soul is forged by the fires of chaos. With every passing through chaos, the soul is further refined.
- Develop a scale by which humans may easily and succinctly rate their own fears of chaos. i.e., I have no issues approaching a woman and flirting, thus out of 10, I would rank the depths of the Underworld through which I must traverse. I would rank this so-called depth, or difficulty, about a 2–3. However, many would rank speaking to the opposite sex — flirting, in particular — waywards of 7 or even higher.
- This scale can be structured and categorised through information architecture.
- The resultant hierarchy of cross-comparisons will result in a hierarchy of experiences. This is akin to secret societies, in that the passing from one degree to another is designed to inhabit a particular experience and perception, thus mastering a particular "realm" of understanding, a particular experiential skill set. Thus, all communication by members of the same degree will be rooted in a similar set of experience and understanding. Semiotics. Engineered wisdoms.
- There shall be the self-destructing archon: a control mechanism, a built-up order by which it counts itself down to reveal nothing. This not dissimilar to practises in Buddhism; Zen comes to mind.
- Teachers can be identified in their particular field of experience + knowledge = wisdom. I am better with flirting. You are skilled within the culinary arts. We exchange roles (as defined by Jung), in that we both exist and exchange within the parametre of student-teacher.
- Utilise resultant algorithms with future PDAs and Google's AdSense, by which to create a self-predicting experiential map. Anywhere, anytime, you may be led through areas where one may garner new experienecs and/or knowledge. This builds up the user's repertoire of wisdoms.
- With each new wisdom comes the conquering of two worlds of being, the prior and this new one. With each cross-comparison comes the cancellation of presumptions, stereotypes, and fears.
- The remaning structures that make up the new paradigm will be reduced in time, in accordance with gauged difficulty ratings (as to not destroy the human's psyche or body).
The rest is top secret right now.
Through my understanding of the process, labels and categorised experiences (the equivalent to secret society's degrees), bring an order to a readily chaotic Western civilisation. The users themselves, too, may adapt and define experiences, knowledge, and wisdoms as they see fit through a medium such as a wiki.
"The Thousandfold Thought," as put forth by R. Scott Bakker in his The Prince of Nothing series of books, purports that the power of belief can mould the outcome of events. By reducing the overall élitism of concepts prevalent among the intelligentsia, a structured tool/service may be developed for the vulgar masses in which they can take control of their own spiritual lives. A Cult of One. The Thousandfold Thought may take on more of a chaotic element, and reality may finally being to unravel itself through a shared inter-subjective embrace of paradox.
I just pwned that.