19 June 2005

Pendulums and serial killers

Police in Edmonton are looking for someone whom many people are calling a serial killer, targeting women. They have released a profile of a man they believe has killed several prostitutes and have offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.

[…] Since 1983, more than 20 Edmonton women have been found murdered. All are described by police as being prostitutes or having high-risk lifestyles and only five of the cases have been solved.

via the CBC


A list of all murdered Edmonton girls can be found here. He seems to have a penchant for 19- and 20-year-olds. Or else there is just a large number of very young street walkers in this city.

In the book Magical Use of Thought Forms, by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki & J. H. Brennan, they have some good methods on using pendulums to triangulate the location of hidden objects. The pendulums must be "attuned" to the so-called frequency of the hidden object, but it seems like an interesting method.

I leant my copy out to Jarvis and Dallas some time ago, but I believe they ordered me a new copy for next week. I am thinking of going down to the Legislature grounds to test it out. I've been meaning to for some time now but have never gotten around to it.

I know the police work with psychics. On two seperate occasions, friends informed me of a family friend that had worked with them in the past. I am wondering if it'd be possible to triangulate via pendulum over an area the size of the city?

Not to digress to fiction, but I will: I know Grant Morrison illustrated the example in The Invisibles where Ragged Robin and Jim Crow manage to triangulate the position of someone in London (I think they were looking for Boy or Dane McGowan… or maybe that was when King Mob had been kidnapped… whatever). However, the difference is that Robin and Crow worked solely off of Morrison's literary license of psychic sensitivities there. From what bits and pieces I've read on pendulism, I'm not sure just how exact you can get with it.

Worth a try, though.

I am also drunk right now. So we'll see if it actually gets done.

1 comment:

Pissed Off said...

Fucking scary.