26 May 2005

Nerve.com as saviour?

Wow, so there are these two little gems that popped up on Nerve recently:

missspinn, Calgary



And here is the local gem, the first time I've seen "occult scholar" put down in anyone's personal that wasn't some death cookie goth fruit from the northeastern United States. Perhaps she'll return my msg to her? She's aggressive enough to put even me to shame:—

Aspasia_of_Iqaluit, Edmonton


Last great book I read
CD Wright's Cooling Time : An American Poetry Vigil
Letters of Virginia Woolf to/from Vita Sackville-West
Caroline Walker Bynum's Holy Feast and Holy Fast: The Religious Significance of Food to Medieval Women
Claudia Rankine's Don't Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric
Keith and Rosemarie Waldrop's Ceci N'est pas Keith/Ceci N'est pas Rosmarie
Richard Kieckhefer's Magic in the Middle Ages

Favorite on-screen sex scene
The one in my head where Ashley Judd and Selma Hayek tango, kiss, and then *keep going.*

Celebrity I resemble most
Born of the lust of Catherine the Great (and her man-servant), my lineage provides features both promising and terrible.

Best or worst lie I've ever told
I am an ex-model now stewardess who will do it in first class for vast sums of money and/or key pieces of intelligence.

The five items I can't live without
I love the Internet. It is all things awesome and good. I love that amazon can get me a fucking toothbrush or diamond ring to my door. I love that Netflix is forcing Blockbuster to give up fees. I love email. I love playing "next blog." I love TV without commercials.

I love my bed.

I love really nice clothes. It is a sickness, I know. It is my one true girlie-girl trait.

I love airports. I hate flying, but I love airports. I love their "future is nowhere is here" design. I love their vast spaces and how they always urge me to trade my ticket home for one to Prague.

Good shoes for walking to a good beach for some good swimming.

WHY YOU SHOULD GET TO KNOW ME
Whether you need a campfire, a 5 course meal for 10 in 3 hours, a new singer for your band, someone to do it with in a rare book library, an occult scholar (not practitioner), a date for the Bridgehampton Polo Challenge, a writer, a tour guide for the Rockies and/or Vancouver Island, a designer, someone to go shopping with mom and take dad to a hockey game (or vice versa), a Latin or French translator, a beach bum, a swimming coach, someone to teach you to skate and snowshoe, or someone to simply eat olives with on your sailboat: I'm your woman.

Plus, I know that "Igloolik" means "there is an igloo here."

No comments: