20 May 2005

My staff at work

As I'm surrounded by women, sometimes I take advantage of it, sometimes I like to stick to flirting. Most of the time, I must keep in mind, as one coworker put it, that I intimidate or creep out girls that are cozy in their wee world. Ya just wanna shove each and every one of them into a Vice fashion shoot, complete with butane lighter and bag of crack:—



Interestingly, Kris (pictured just above, right side), whom is one of my favourite girls here (cocky and sheltered, but great), just gave me a huge rundown. I told her I was going to try out a sigil composed of elements (not as vain or shallow as the ones presented in an earlier post), and we discussed ourselves as reflections of our relationships. Or as Jean Paul Richter put it:
We learn our virtues from our friends who love us; our faults from the enemy who hates us. We cannot easily discover our real character from a friend. She is a mirror, on which the warmth of our breath impedes the clearness of the reflection.

Kris quoted Austin Powers (or Jerry Maguire, depending), but essentially made cutesies of it: "You complete me."

She also condemned me for my narrow point of view of the world, which never strayed far from my work or "magic stuff," which is true. However, we can't know every experience without looking within and finding only one sensation — ultimately that Zen-like love we hear about.

Perhaps it will be that this ├╝ber-something I am going to look for will be a self-constructed challenge, a rite of passage of a different order? Maybe not. Seana represents a nice apathy of the perception of pursuit, and balances it with her intense depth of experience that is, I suspect, alien to most. According to my reiki session, a healthy dose of the present would be good for me.

vanity
n 1: feelings of excessive pride [syn: amour propre, conceit, self-love] 2: the quality of being valueless or futile; "he rejected the vanities of the world" [syn: emptiness] 3: the trait of being vain and conceited [syn: conceit]

Is it possible to create an alchemical love between two humans? The key here is to explore union between two persons (or more?) that would be able to bring about such things I've only ever sensed from T. S. Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. I want to think that a union can inspire a dichotomy that strives to find one soul, a profound oneness that can bring about a mutual will to power over the union itself. Jung said "Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other." Does a true counterbalance exist? I understand the greater notions of both, albeit I am plagued by a constant game of questioning (keeps the the creativity edgy), but can one truly find the middleground? I have a depth of inner-dialogue that I can quietly feel, a tempest at odds with itself, that leads me to believe that what Jung claims is, in fact, the truth of the matter.

And a poetic fluff somewhere that keeps whispering that it can be done. This is my grand adventure for the moment, then... how fun!

As a total bonus to being me, however, the girls are going to hook me up with nude of all of themselves. Ashley is doing a load of nude photos, including all the girls pictures above and a few others among the staff that I desire to see nekked. Happy days, I tell ya!

No comments: